Search This Blog

Friday, August 13, 2010

So the dress has changed again...

I couldn't find a dress I absolutely LOVED that was in a price range I was willing to pay (I think it's absolutely ridiculous how much people will pay for a dress they are only going to wear once) so I decided.......*drumroll, please!*...........That I am making my dress :) Not completely from scratch, but almost. I found a plain white strapless dress for $12. Yes, $12! I am completely changing the look of it though. I have already attached apple red ribbon around the top and grommet tape down the back to create the look of a corset and I have deconstructed a slip from david's bridal. The solid white fabric I attached to the skirt of the dress because it really needed a lining. I am planning on dying the tulle netting various fall colors (several shades of red, yellow, orange, and tan) and attaching it underneath the lining so it just peeks out below. I am also going to embroider fall leaves in reds, rusts, and champagne colors on the bodice and attach another apple red ribbon around the waist. I will post pictures of my progress as more is made, at the moment its still kinda rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment